RV series Characteristics
- RV – Sizes:–150
- Input Options: with input shaft, With Square flange,With Input Flange
- Input Power 0.06 to 11 kW
- RV-Size from 030 to 105 in die-cast aluminium alloy budy and over 110 in cast iron
- Ratios between 5 and 100
- Max torque 1550 N.m and admissible output radial loads max 8771 N
- Aluminium units are supplied complete with synthetic oil and allow for universal mounting positions, with no need to modify lubricant quantity
- Worm wheel: Copper (KK Cu).
- Loading capacity in accordance with: ISO 9001:2015/GB/T 19001-2016
- Size 030 and over are painted with RAL 5571 blue
- Worm gear reducers are available with diffferent combinations: NMRV+NMRV, NMRVpower+NMRV, JWB+NMRV
- NMRV, NRV+VS,NMRV+AS,NMRV+VS,NMRV+F
- Options: torque arm, output flange, viton oil seals, low/high temperature oil, filling/drain/breather/level plug,Small gap
Basic models can be applied to a wide range of power reduction ratios from 5 to 1000.
Warranty: One year from date of delivery.
|SNW SERIES||Output Speed Range:|
|Type||Old Type||Output Torque||Output Shaft Dia.||14rpm-280rpm|
|SNW030||RV030||21N.m||φ14||Applicable Motor Power:|
|SNW063||RV063||160N.m||φ25||With Inline AC Motor|
|SNW090||RV090||410N.m||φ35||With Square flange|
|SNW110||RV110||725N.m||φ42||With Input Shaft|
|SNW150||RV150||1550N.m||φ50||With Input Flange|
ZheJiang CHINAMFG Drive Co.,Ltd,the predecessor was established in 1965. CHINAMFG specializes in the complete power transmission solution for high-end equipment manufacturing industries based on the aim of “Platform Product, Application Design and Professional Service”.
Starshine have a strong technical force with over 350 employees at present, including over 30 engineering technicians, 30 quality inspectors, covering an area of 80000 square CHINAMFG and kinds of advanced processing machines and testing equipments. We have a good foundation for the industry application development and service of high-end speed reducers & variators owning to the provincial engineering technology research center,the lab of gear speed reducers, and the base of modern R&D.
Quality:Insist on Improvement,Strive for Excellence With the development of equipment manufacturing indurstry,customer never satirsfy with the current quality of our products,on the contrary,wcreate the value of quality.
Quality policy:to enhance the overall level in the field of power transmission
Quality View:Continuous Improvement , pursuit of excellence
Quality Philosophy:Quality creates value
3. Incoming Quality Control
To establish the AQL acceptable level of incoming material control, to provide the material for the whole inspection, sampling, immunity. On the acceptance of qualified products to warehousing, substandard goods to take return, check, rework, rework inspection; responsible for tracking bad, to monitor the supplier to take corrective measures
to prevent recurrence.
4. Process Quality Control
The manufacturing site of the first examination, inspection and final inspection, sampling according to the requirements of some projects, judging the quality change trend;
found abnormal phenomenon of manufacturing, and supervise the production department to improve, eliminate the abnormal phenomenon or state.
5. FQC(Final QC)
After the manufacturing department will complete the product, stand in the customer’s position on the finished product quality verification, in order to ensure the quality of
customer expectations and needs.
6. OQC(Outgoing QC)
After the product sample inspection to determine the qualified, allowing storage, but when the finished product from the warehouse before the formal delivery of the goods, there is a check, this is called the shipment inspection.Check content:In the warehouse storage and transfer status to confirm, while confirming the delivery of the product
is a product inspection to determine the qualified products.
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Agricultural Machinery|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Input Type:||NEMA Flange|
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a worm gear?
A worm gear offers several advantages and disadvantages that should be considered when selecting it for a specific application. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of using a worm gear:
Advantages of using a worm gear:
- High gear reduction ratio: Worm gears are known for their high gear reduction ratios, which allow for significant speed reduction and torque multiplication. This makes them suitable for applications that require precise motion control and high torque output.
- Compact design: Worm gears have a compact design, making them space-efficient and suitable for applications where size is a constraint. The worm gear’s compactness allows for easy integration into machinery and equipment with limited space.
- Self-locking capability: One of the key advantages of a worm gear is its self-locking property. The angle of the worm thread prevents the reverse rotation of the output shaft, eliminating the need for additional braking mechanisms. This self-locking feature is beneficial for maintaining position and preventing backdriving in applications where holding the load in place is important.
- Quiet operation: Worm gears typically operate with reduced noise levels compared to other gear types. The sliding action between the worm and the worm wheel teeth results in smoother and quieter operation, making them suitable for applications where noise reduction is desired.
- High shock-load resistance: Worm gears have good shock-load resistance due to the sliding contact between the worm and the worm wheel teeth. This makes them suitable for applications that involve sudden or intermittent loads, such as lifting and hoisting equipment.
- Easy installation and maintenance: Worm gears are relatively easy to install and maintain. They often come as a compact unit, requiring minimal assembly. Lubrication maintenance is crucial for optimal performance and longevity, but it is typically straightforward and accessible.
Disadvantages of using a worm gear:
- Lower efficiency: Worm gears tend to have lower mechanical efficiency compared to some other gear types. The sliding action between the worm and the worm wheel teeth generates higher frictional losses, resulting in reduced efficiency. However, efficiency can be improved through careful design, quality manufacturing, and proper lubrication.
- Limited speed capability: Worm gears are not suitable for high-speed applications due to their sliding contact and the potential for heat generation. High speeds can lead to increased friction, wear, and reduced efficiency. However, they excel in low to moderate speed applications where high torque output is required.
- Heat generation: The sliding action between the worm and the worm wheel generates friction, which can result in heat generation. In high-load or continuous-duty applications, this heat buildup can affect the efficiency and longevity of the system. Proper lubrication and heat dissipation measures are necessary to mitigate this issue.
- Less suitable for bidirectional motion: While worm gears offer excellent self-locking capabilities in one direction, they are less efficient and less suitable for bidirectional motion. Reversing the direction of the input or output shaft can lead to increased friction, reduced efficiency, and potential damage to the gear system.
- Lower accuracy in positioning: Worm gears may have lower accuracy in positioning compared to some other gear types, such as precision gear systems. The sliding contact and inherent backlash in worm gears can introduce some degree of positioning error. However, for many applications, the accuracy provided by worm gears is sufficient.
- Potential for wear and backlash: Over time, the sliding action in worm gears can lead to wear and the development of backlash, which is the play or clearance between the worm and the worm wheel teeth. Regular inspection, maintenance, and proper lubrication are necessary to minimize wear and reduce backlash.
When considering the use of a worm gear, it’s essential to evaluate the specific requirements of the application and weigh the advantages against the disadvantages. Factors such as torque requirements, speed limitations, positional stability, space constraints, and overall system efficiency should be taken into account to determine if a worm gear is the right choice.
How do you retrofit an existing mechanical system with a worm gear?
When retrofitting an existing mechanical system with a worm gear, several considerations need to be taken into account. Here’s a detailed explanation of the retrofitting process:
- Evaluate the existing system: Before proceeding with the retrofit, thoroughly assess the existing mechanical system. Understand its design, function, and limitations. Identify the specific reasons for considering a worm gear retrofit, such as the need for increased torque, improved efficiency, or enhanced precision.
- Analyze compatibility: Evaluate the compatibility of a worm gear with the existing system. Consider factors such as available space, structural integrity, alignment requirements, and the load-bearing capacity of the system. Ensure that the addition of a worm gear will not compromise the overall performance or safety of the system.
- Select the appropriate worm gear: Based on the requirements and constraints of the retrofit, choose a suitable worm gear. Consider factors such as gear ratio, torque capacity, efficiency, backlash, and mounting options. Select a worm gear that matches the specific needs of the retrofit and is compatible with the existing system.
- Modify or adapt the system: Depending on the compatibility analysis, it may be necessary to modify or adapt certain components of the existing system to accommodate the worm gear. This can involve making adjustments to shafts, bearings, housings, or other mechanical elements. Ensure that any modifications or adaptations are carried out with precision and adhere to industry standards.
- Install the worm gear: Install the selected worm gear into the modified or adapted system. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and guidelines for proper installation. Pay attention to torque specifications, lubrication requirements, and any specific assembly procedures. Ensure that the worm gear is securely mounted and aligned to minimize misalignment and maximize performance.
- Test and optimize: After the installation, thoroughly test the retrofitted system to ensure its functionality and performance. Conduct tests to verify torque transmission, efficiency, backlash, noise levels, and any other relevant parameters. Monitor the system during operation and make any necessary adjustments or optimizations to fine-tune its performance.
- Document and maintain: Document the retrofitting process, including any modifications, adjustments, or optimizations made to the existing system. Keep records of installation procedures, test results, and maintenance activities. Regularly inspect and maintain the retrofitted system to ensure its continued performance and reliability.
It’s important to note that retrofitting an existing mechanical system with a worm gear requires expertise in mechanical engineering and an understanding of the specific system requirements. If you lack the necessary knowledge or experience, it is advisable to consult with professionals or engineers specializing in power transmission systems to ensure a successful retrofit.
How do you install a worm gear system?
Installing a worm gear system requires careful attention to ensure proper alignment, lubrication, and secure mounting. Here are the general steps involved in installing a worm gear system:
- Prepare the components: Before installation, ensure that all the components of the worm gear system, including the worm, worm wheel, bearings, and housing, are clean and free from any contaminants or damage. Inspect the components for any signs of wear or defects.
- Check alignment: Verify that the mating surfaces of the worm and worm wheel are clean and free from any debris. Ensure that the gear teeth mesh properly and that there is no excessive backlash or misalignment. Make any necessary adjustments or repairs before proceeding with the installation.
- Apply lubrication: Lubricate the worm gear system according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Select a suitable lubricant that provides sufficient lubrication and reduces friction between the worm and worm wheel during operation. Apply the lubricant evenly to the gear teeth and other contact surfaces.
- Mounting: Position the worm gear system in the desired location, taking into account any space constraints or mounting requirements. Use appropriate fasteners, such as bolts or screws, to securely attach the system to the surrounding structure or base. Ensure that the mounting surfaces are clean, flat, and able to withstand the forces and loads exerted by the gear system.
- Alignment and adjustment: Once the worm gear system is mounted, check the alignment again and make any necessary adjustments. Ensure that the worm and worm wheel are properly engaged and that there is no excessive play or binding. Pay attention to any specified alignment tolerances provided by the manufacturer.
- Testing and operation: After installation, conduct a thorough functional test of the worm gear system. Verify that it operates smoothly, without unusual noise or vibration. Check for proper engagement of the gear teeth and ensure that the system performs as intended under different load conditions. Monitor the system’s performance during initial operation and address any issues or abnormalities promptly.
It’s important to follow the specific installation instructions provided by the gear system manufacturer. Different worm gear designs and applications may have additional installation requirements or considerations that should be taken into account.
Proper installation of a worm gear system ensures its reliable operation, minimizes wear, and maximizes its lifespan. If you are unsure about any aspect of the installation process, it is recommended to consult the manufacturer or seek the assistance of a qualified professional.
editor by CX 2023-09-14