Hot Selling Customized Powder CNC Machining Gear for Motor
spur gear; worm gear; bevel gear; planetary gear; gear; metal gear; cycle gear; pinion gear; gear
manufacturing; helical gear; custom gear; spiral bevel gear; rack and pinion gear; mechanical
gears; transmission gears; rack gear; spiral gear; work gear; gear reducer; richmond gear;
hypoid gear; gear wheels; pulleys and gears; motive gear; gear teeth; truck gear; gear system;
Steel:Carbon steel/ Mild steel/ Cold roll steel/ Hot roll steel
Zinc plating, Powder, Passivation, Sand blasting, Brushing & ploshing etc.
Large laser cutter
Plasma cutting machine
CNC machining center
Automatic lathe machine
EXW, FOB, CIF
Packing of Sheet Metal Stamping
PE bag+carton box or other custom packaging
Auto Parts/Motocycle parts/Contruction Parts/Furniture Parts/Electronic Parts
1. CHINAMFG wheel and pinion gears and spiral bevel gears for automobile rear axle, truck, tractor
front/rear axle and tool.
2. Raw material: 20CrMni \22CrMo \8620 \SCM420
Processing: Forging, normalizing, rough, machining, fine finishi, carburizing, tempering,
annealing, accurate grinding, matching and testing, packing.
3. The tooth surface is finished by lapping machine, the color will be silver gray
4. Hardness about surface: HRC58-62, internal: HRC35-40.
5. We can process gears according to customers drawing and samples.
3D instruments, 2D instruments, Projectors, Height Gauges, Inner diameter dial indicators, Dial gaues,
Thread and Pin gauges, Digital calipers,Micro calipers, Thickness testers, Hardness testers Roughness
testers, etc.( Detection accuracy to 0.001 millimetre )
|Mininum of Quantity||100 Piece/Pieces|
|Packing Details||Paper Box in Wooden Pallet|
|Delivery Time||One month|
|Payment Terms||L/C, T/T|
|Supply Capacity||50 Metric Tons per Month|
1: Shrink film+ bulk loading
2: Shrink film +Carton box + Pallet/ wooden case
3: PP + Wooden case
4: As per customers’ requirements or negotiated
Q1: How can I get cnc spare parts sample?
1. Sample fee will be free if we have in stock, you just need to pay the shipping cost is OK.
2. The sample of your own design needs to pay for the mold set up charge. Samples production takes
5-7 working days after set up charge received & size drawing approval.
Q2: How to pay for the order?
There are 4 options to pay the order: Bank Transfer; Western Union; Paypal; Payoneer. Kindly choose
the most suitable way for you to arrange it.
Q3: What is the shipping method?
The samples were sent out by international airway express company like DHL, UPS, FedEx, TNT.
Usually takes around 5-7 working days (door to door service). We arrange goods shipment via sea
Q4: Can you give me help if my products are very urgent?
Yes, We can work overtime and add a few machines to produce these products if you need it urgently.
Q5: I want to keep our design in secret, can we CHINAMFG NDA?
Sure, we will not display any customers’ design or show to other people, we can CHINAMFG NDA.
You can look through our website to find your interest or email your any questions through
below approach! We will reply to you within 12 hours.
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated|
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||Internal Gear|
How do you prevent backlash and gear play in a worm gear mechanism?
Preventing backlash and gear play is essential for maintaining the accuracy and performance of a worm gear mechanism. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to prevent backlash and gear play in a worm gear mechanism:
Backlash refers to the play or clearance between the teeth of the worm and the worm wheel in a worm gear mechanism. It can result in inaccuracies, positioning errors, and reduced efficiency. Here are some measures to prevent or minimize backlash and gear play:
- Precision manufacturing: Accurate and precise manufacturing of the worm and worm wheel is crucial to minimize backlash. High-quality machining techniques, such as grinding, can be employed to achieve precise tooth profiles and minimize any gaps between the teeth. Careful attention to the design and manufacturing tolerances can help reduce backlash.
- Tight meshing clearance: Proper adjustment of the meshing clearance between the worm and the worm wheel can help minimize backlash. The meshing clearance should be set as small as possible without causing interference or excessive friction. Close clearance ensures a tighter fit between the teeth, reducing the amount of play or backlash.
- Anti-backlash mechanisms: Anti-backlash mechanisms can be incorporated into the worm gear system to reduce or eliminate backlash. These mechanisms typically consist of spring-loaded components or adjustable devices that help compensate for any clearance between the teeth. They apply a constant pressure to keep the teeth engaged tightly, reducing the effects of backlash.
- Preload: Applying a preload to the worm gear system can help minimize backlash. Preload involves applying a slight compressive force or tension to the components, ensuring they remain engaged and eliminating any clearance. However, it is important to apply the appropriate preload to avoid excessive friction and wear.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for minimizing backlash and reducing gear play. Lubricants with suitable viscosity and properties should be used to ensure smooth and consistent operation of the worm gear mechanism. Good lubrication helps reduce friction, wear, and any potential clearance that can contribute to backlash.
- Regular maintenance: Regular inspection and maintenance of the worm gear mechanism can help detect and address any developing backlash or gear play. Routine checks can identify signs of wear, misalignment, or improper lubrication, allowing for timely adjustments or replacements to minimize backlash and maintain optimal performance.
It’s important to note that completely eliminating backlash in a worm gear mechanism may not always be possible or desirable. Some applications require a certain level of backlash to accommodate thermal expansion, compensate for positional errors, or allow for smooth operation. The acceptable level of backlash depends on the specific requirements of the application.
When implementing measures to prevent backlash and gear play, it is crucial to strike a balance between minimizing backlash and ensuring smooth, reliable operation. The specific techniques and approaches used to minimize backlash may vary depending on the design, manufacturing, and application requirements of the worm gear mechanism.
What are the environmental considerations when using worm gears?
When using worm gears, there are several environmental considerations to keep in mind. Here’s a detailed explanation of these considerations:
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential for the efficient and reliable operation of worm gears. Lubricants help reduce friction and wear between the gear teeth, resulting in improved efficiency and extended gear life. When selecting lubricants, it is important to consider their environmental impact. Environmentally friendly lubricants, such as biodegradable or synthetic lubricants with low toxicity, can be used to minimize the potential harm to the environment in case of leakage or accidental spills.
- Leakage and contamination: Worm gear systems are susceptible to lubricant leakage, which can cause environmental pollution. It is important to ensure that the gear housing is properly sealed to prevent lubricant leakage into the environment. Regular inspections and maintenance should be carried out to detect and repair any leaks promptly. Additionally, measures should be taken to prevent contaminants such as dust, dirt, and water from entering the gear system, as they can degrade the lubricant and affect the gear performance.
- Energy efficiency: Worm gears, like any mechanical power transmission system, consume energy during operation. It is important to consider energy efficiency when selecting and designing worm gear systems. Optimal gear design, proper gear selection, and efficient lubrication practices can contribute to reducing energy consumption and minimizing the environmental impact associated with energy use.
- Noise and vibration: Worm gears can generate noise and vibration during operation. Excessive noise can contribute to noise pollution, while high vibration levels can impact the surrounding equipment and structures. To mitigate these effects, it is important to design and manufacture worm gears with low noise and vibration characteristics. This can involve careful gear design, proper lubrication, and the use of vibration-damping materials or mechanisms.
- End-of-life considerations: At the end of their service life, worm gear components may need to be replaced or recycled. Disposal of worn-out gears should be done in accordance with applicable environmental regulations. Whenever possible, recycling or reusing gear components can help reduce waste and minimize the environmental impact associated with the disposal of gear materials.
- Environmental regulations: Compliance with environmental regulations and standards is crucial when using worm gears. Different regions may have specific regulations governing the use and disposal of lubricants, materials, and manufacturing processes associated with gear systems. It is important to stay informed about these regulations and ensure compliance to avoid any adverse environmental impact and legal consequences.
By considering these environmental factors, it is possible to minimize the ecological footprint of worm gear systems and promote sustainable practices in their use and maintenance. This includes selecting environmentally friendly lubricants, implementing proper sealing and maintenance procedures, optimizing energy efficiency, and adhering to relevant environmental regulations.
How does a worm gear differ from other types of gears?
A worm gear differs from other types of gears in several ways. Here are the key differences:
- Gear Configuration: A worm gear consists of a threaded worm and a mating gear, known as the worm wheel or worm gear. The worm has a helical thread that meshes with the teeth of the worm wheel. In contrast, other types of gears, such as spur gears, bevel gears, and helical gears, have parallel or intersecting axes of rotation.
- Gear Ratio: Worm gears provide high gear reduction ratios compared to other types of gears. The ratio is determined by the number of teeth on the worm wheel and the number of threads on the worm. This high reduction ratio allows worm gears to transmit more torque while maintaining a compact size.
- Direction of Rotation: In a worm gear system, the worm can drive the worm wheel, but the reverse is not true. This is due to the self-locking nature of worm gears. The angle of the worm’s helical thread creates a wedging action that prevents the worm wheel from backdriving the worm. This characteristic makes worm gears suitable for applications requiring a mechanical brake or holding position.
- Efficiency: Worm gears typically have lower efficiency compared to other types of gears. This is primarily due to the sliding action between the worm’s threads and the worm wheel’s teeth, which leads to higher friction and energy losses. Therefore, worm gears are not ideal for applications that require high efficiency or continuous, high-speed operation.
- Lubrication: Worm gears require proper lubrication to reduce friction and wear. The sliding action between the worm and the worm wheel generates heat, which can affect the performance and lifespan of the gear system. Lubricants help to dissipate heat and provide a protective film between the mating surfaces, reducing friction and extending the gear’s life.
- Applications: Worm gears are commonly used in applications that require high gear reduction, compact size, and self-locking capabilities. They are found in various industries, including elevators, automotive steering systems, machine tools, robotics, and winding mechanisms.
Overall, the unique design and characteristics of worm gears make them suitable for specific applications where high torque, compactness, and self-locking features are essential, even though they may have lower efficiency compared to other types of gears.
editor by CX 2023-09-17