Custom Made CNC Machining Turning Steel Spline Tooth Gear
spur gear; worm gear; bevel gear; planetary gear; gear; metal gear; cycle gear; pinion gear; gear
manufacturing; helical gear; custom gear; spiral bevel gear; rack and pinion gear; mechanical
gears; transmission gears; rack gear; spiral gear; work gear; gear reducer; richmond gear;
hypoid gear; gear wheels; pulleys and gears; motive gear; gear teeth; truck gear; gear system;
Steel:Carbon steel/ Mild steel/ Cold roll steel/ Hot roll steel
Zinc plating, Powder, Passivation, Sand blasting, Brushing & ploshing etc.
Large laser cutter
Plasma cutting machine
CNC machining center
Automatic lathe machine
EXW, FOB, CIF
Packing of Sheet Metal Stamping
PE bag+carton box or other custom packaging
Auto Parts/Motocycle parts/Contruction Parts/Furniture Parts/Electronic Parts
1. CHINAMFG wheel and pinion gears and spiral bevel gears for automobile rear axle, truck, tractor
front/rear axle and tool.
2. Raw material: 20CrMni \22CrMo \8620 \SCM420
Processing: Forging, normalizing, rough, machining, fine finishi, carburizing, tempering,
annealing, accurate grinding, matching and testing, packing.
3. The tooth surface is finished by lapping machine, the color will be silver gray
4. Hardness about surface: HRC58-62, internal: HRC35-40.
5. We can process gears according to customers drawing and samples.
3D instruments, 2D instruments, Projectors, Height Gauges, Inner diameter dial indicators, Dial gaues,
Thread and Pin gauges, Digital calipers,Micro calipers, Thickness testers, Hardness testers Roughness
testers, etc.( Detection accuracy to 0.001 millimetre )
|Mininum of Quantity||100 Piece/Pieces|
|Packing Details||Paper Box in Wooden Pallet|
|Delivery Time||One month|
|Payment Terms||L/C, T/T|
|Supply Capacity||50 Metric Tons per Month|
1: Shrink film+ bulk loading
2: Shrink film +Carton box + Pallet/ wooden case
3: PP + Wooden case
4: As per customers’ requirements or negotiated
Q1: How can I get cnc spare parts sample?
1. Sample fee will be free if we have in stock, you just need to pay the shipping cost is OK.
2. The sample of your own design needs to pay for the mold set up charge. Samples production takes
5-7 working days after set up charge received & size drawing approval.
Q2: How to pay for the order?
There are 4 options to pay the order: Bank Transfer; Western Union; Paypal; Payoneer. Kindly choose
the most suitable way for you to arrange it.
Q3: What is the shipping method?
The samples were sent out by international airway express company like DHL, UPS, FedEx, TNT.
Usually takes around 5-7 working days (door to door service). We arrange goods shipment via sea
Q4: Can you give me help if my products are very urgent?
Yes, We can work overtime and add a few machines to produce these products if you need it urgently.
Q5: I want to keep our design in secret, can we CHINAMFG NDA?
Sure, we will not display any customers’ design or show to other people, we can CHINAMFG NDA.
You can look through our website to find your interest or email your any questions through
below approach! We will reply to you within 12 hours.
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||Internal Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Cut Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Spur Gear|
How does a worm gear impact the overall efficiency of a system?
A worm gear has a significant impact on the overall efficiency of a system due to its unique design and mechanical characteristics. Here’s a detailed explanation of how a worm gear affects system efficiency:
A worm gear consists of a worm (a screw-like gear) and a worm wheel (a cylindrical gear with teeth). When the worm rotates, it engages with the teeth of the worm wheel, causing the wheel to rotate. The main factors influencing the efficiency of a worm gear system are:
- Gear Reduction Ratio: Worm gears are known for their high gear reduction ratios, which are the ratio of the number of teeth on the worm wheel to the number of threads on the worm. This high reduction ratio allows for significant speed reduction and torque multiplication. However, the larger the reduction ratio, the more frictional losses occur, resulting in lower efficiency.
- Mechanical Efficiency: The mechanical efficiency of a worm gear system refers to the ratio of the output power to the input power, accounting for losses due to friction and inefficiencies in power transmission. Worm gears typically have lower mechanical efficiency compared to other gear types, primarily due to the sliding action between the worm and the worm wheel teeth. This sliding contact generates higher frictional losses, resulting in reduced efficiency.
- Self-Locking: One advantageous characteristic of worm gears is their self-locking property. Due to the angle of the worm thread, the worm gear system can prevent the reverse rotation of the output shaft without the need for additional braking mechanisms. While self-locking is beneficial for maintaining position and preventing backdriving, it also increases the frictional losses and reduces the efficiency when the gear system needs to be driven in the opposite direction.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for minimizing friction and maintaining efficient operation of a worm gear system. Inadequate or improper lubrication can lead to increased friction and wear, resulting in lower efficiency. Regular lubrication maintenance, including monitoring viscosity, cleanliness, and lubricant condition, is essential for optimizing efficiency and reducing power losses.
- Design and Manufacturing Quality: The design and manufacturing quality of the worm gear components play a significant role in determining the system’s efficiency. Precise machining, accurate tooth profiles, proper gear meshing, and appropriate surface finishes contribute to reducing friction and enhancing efficiency. High-quality materials with suitable hardness and smoothness also impact the overall efficiency of the system.
- Operating Conditions: The operating conditions, such as the load applied, rotational speed, and temperature, can affect the efficiency of a worm gear system. Higher loads, faster speeds, and extreme temperatures can increase frictional losses and reduce overall efficiency. Proper selection of the worm gear system based on the expected operating conditions is critical for optimizing efficiency.
It’s important to note that while worm gears may have lower mechanical efficiency compared to some other gear types, they offer unique advantages such as high gear reduction ratios, compact design, and self-locking capabilities. The suitability of a worm gear system depends on the specific application requirements and the trade-offs between efficiency, torque transmission, and other factors.
When designing or selecting a worm gear system, it is essential to consider the desired balance between efficiency, torque requirements, positional stability, and other performance factors to ensure optimal overall system efficiency.
Can worm gears be used in heavy-duty machinery and equipment?
Yes, worm gears can be used in heavy-duty machinery and equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation of their suitability for such applications:
1. High torque transmission: One of the key advantages of worm gears is their ability to transmit high torque. The unique design of the worm and worm wheel allows for efficient torque generation and power transmission. This makes worm gears well-suited for heavy-duty applications that require the transfer of substantial rotational forces.
2. Compact size: Worm gears offer a compact and space-saving solution for heavy-duty machinery. Their compact design allows for the transmission of high torque in a relatively small package. This is particularly advantageous in applications where space constraints or compact design requirements are present.
3. Self-locking feature: Worm gears exhibit a self-locking characteristic, meaning that the worm can prevent the back-driving of the gear system. This feature is beneficial in heavy-duty machinery where it is essential to maintain a fixed position or prevent the system from reversing under load. The self-locking capability of worm gears provides stability and safety in various heavy-duty applications.
4. High gear ratios: Worm gears can achieve high gear ratios, which is advantageous in heavy-duty machinery that requires precise speed reduction. The high gear ratios allow for fine control of rotational speed and torque output, enabling the gear system to match the requirements of heavy loads and demanding operating conditions.
5. Durable construction: Worm gears are typically manufactured using robust materials such as alloy steels, cast iron, or bronze. These materials offer excellent strength, wear resistance, and durability, making worm gears capable of withstanding the heavy loads and harsh operating environments encountered in heavy-duty machinery.
6. Overload protection: The unique design of worm gears provides inherent overload protection. When the load exceeds the gear’s capacity, the sliding action between the worm and worm wheel causes a high frictional force, limiting the torque transmission and preventing damage to the gear system. This overload protection feature is valuable in heavy-duty machinery where sudden load spikes or unexpected overloads can occur.
7. Wide range of applications: Worm gears find applications in various heavy-duty machinery and equipment across different industries. Some examples include cranes, winches, elevators, mining machinery, construction equipment, rolling mills, heavy-duty conveyors, and marine propulsion systems. The versatility of worm gears makes them suitable for a wide range of heavy-duty applications.
It is important to note that while worm gears offer several advantages for heavy-duty machinery, there are certain considerations to keep in mind. These include proper lubrication to minimize friction and wear, adequate cooling to manage heat generation, proper alignment to ensure efficient power transmission, and regular maintenance to inspect for signs of wear or damage. By addressing these factors, worm gears can reliably and effectively meet the demands of heavy-duty machinery and equipment.
What is the purpose of a self-locking feature in a worm gear?
A self-locking feature in a worm gear serves the purpose of preventing reverse motion or backdriving of the gear system. When a worm gear is self-locking, it means that the worm can rotate the worm wheel, but the reverse action is hindered or restricted, providing a mechanical holding or braking capability. This self-locking feature offers several advantages and is utilized in various applications. Here are the key purposes of the self-locking feature:
- Mechanical Holding: The self-locking capability of a worm gear allows it to hold a specific position or prevent unintended movement when the worm is not actively driving the system. This is particularly useful in applications where it is necessary to maintain a fixed position or prevent the gear from rotating due to external forces or vibrations. Examples include elevators, lifts, and positioning systems.
- Backdriving Prevention: The self-locking feature prevents the worm wheel from driving the worm in the reverse direction. This is advantageous in applications where it is crucial to prevent a load or external force from causing the gear to rotate backward. For instance, in a lifting mechanism, the self-locking feature ensures that the load remains suspended without requiring continuous power input.
- Enhanced Safety: The self-locking property of a worm gear contributes to safety in certain applications. By preventing unintended or undesired motion, it helps maintain stability and reduces the risk of accidents or uncontrolled movement. This is particularly important in scenarios where human safety or the integrity of the system is at stake, such as in heavy machinery or critical infrastructure.
It’s important to note that not all worm gears are self-locking. The self-locking characteristic depends on the design parameters, specifically the helix angle of the worm’s thread. A higher helix angle increases the self-locking tendency, while a lower helix angle reduces or eliminates the self-locking effect. Therefore, when selecting a worm gear for an application that requires the self-locking feature, it is essential to consider the specific design parameters and ensure that the gear meets the necessary requirements.
editor by CX 2023-10-08